There are so many things to think about when travelling, so I wanted to put it all in one place for you. This checklist is based on my personal travel experience and experiences of my clients, in no particular order. I hope these help you!
- Tell your bank you will be travelling and what dates/places.
- Learn how to say a few things in the local language, “please” and “thank you” will go a long way! Show the locals you are trying and usually they will be happy. I highly recommend Google Translate – it’s not exact, but it can help you tell a taxi driver to take you to the airport, etc. (You can find a handy list of My Favorite Travel Apps)
- Carry a small first aid kit with a few band-aids, Neosporin, tums, and aspirin.
- Tell someone else of your travel plans and if possible, provide them with a simple itinerary.
- Get a health check-up before you leave and depending on the country you plan to visit, consult a doctor to be sure you are up to date on the recommended immunizations.
Remember, I’m always here to help! Give me a call if you have any questions about an upcoming trip or if you’d like to plan one today!
Cindy: +1 (215) 431-8346